Fusilli pasta with spinach and green peas, one of my favorite lunch. Fresh taste, light, yummy!! … I’m already hungry!
I love the spinach in every form, as well as pasta and my lovely garlic! I’m happy when i can cook something tasty, healthy and not a lot calorie such as pasta with heavy sauces. Great pleasure to cook and bigger to eat!
If you love pasta – please TRY! If you love pasta with spinach – you have to try. This is delicious!
What we need:
0.5 pound whole-wheat pasta fusilli
2 bags of fresh spinach
4 cloves garlic
1.5 cup green peas
Parmesan cheese or Pecorico
salt and pepper
canola oil or coconut oil
How we do it:
1. Spinach blanched in boiling water for about 30 seconds and then quickly pass the bowl with cold water and ice.
2. In heavily salted boiling water, cook the pasta al dente.
3. In a hot frying pan pour oil, then quickly fry the onions cut into slices and crushed garlic.
4. Add the spinach, peas and drained pasta and mix everything thoroughly replacing freshly ground salt, pepper and nutmeg.
5. I served with Pecorino cheese (also can be Parmesan cheese) and fresh basil.